View Single Post
Old 2007-08-02, 23:01   Link #266
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-66 View Post
I mostly disagree with your statement, Jagdpanther

Crazy bitch Nina aside, there have been plenty of examples of brittanians discriminating against elevens. Those two students who spray painted suzaku's shirt with profanity, or how about those six delinquents that beat the crap out of the hot dog vendor? From the way lulu spoke about it to karen it seemed as if its almost expected that an eleven working within the settlements are gonna get the shit kicked out of them every once in a while. It just seems to get worse if the brittanian is royalty, but even among the regular joes there are extreme racists like nina.

I dont think their fed propaganda to make them hate elevens because the empire publicly(though not really) tell the people that they should work together with honorary britannians.

Also remember that at first before lelouch asked for suzaku to be let into the student council everyone would shut up the minute that suzaku walked into the room, and he didnt have a single friend among the students. I think many(possibly most) brittanians discriminate against elevens to varying degrees.

Of course that doesnt mean that the japanese dont do it too in the show against the brittanians.
That is called fear. He is an outsider and is therefore the source of uncertainty in an environment that was mostly calm and displaced from the war. Bringing him in, brought in doubt and fear. People act violently when frightened, survival instinct.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote