View Single Post
Old 2011-09-11, 11:38   Link #1
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Anime that need remakes/reboots or continuations

Because the original Anime didn't follow the manga faithfully, sometimes the studios wisely remake them and perfectly follow how the manga made the plot. The most recent examples are Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and Hellsing Ultimate. I'm actually one of a few people who liked the original FMA, and especially Hellsing even though the majority criticises the latter for shoddy ending and the villain. For some reason I liked it more than the remade one and I thought there are quite a few of anime I want remade as well as the ones that are from Manga. At the time, it was made, maybe due to limited budget and resource, these anime suffered a number of problems like poor animation, poor ending and etc. If there are a few anime you want remade, what would they be?

First anime I want remade more than anything would be Gantz. It was a mind-boggling experience to have watched the anime because it was very poorly made compared to the manga. It cuts the story and takes some liberty of changing the characters around in the last few episodes. It misses the point of manga it was trying to portray. For a manga so epic, it's a shame the anime is so poorly executed.

Another anime I want remade would be REC considering how the OVA follows one quarter of manga and calls it end when the original source goes for much longer. This anime wasn't exactly bad but far from it. It was disappointing only because it was so short.

Probably I would probably want to see the Corpse Princess remade. There were so many potentials to be great but for some reason, there were something lacking in the series. I wanted to like it but found it rather forgettable unfortunately.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote