Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-28, 01:16   Link #2094
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I stopped reading after he tried to make the problem this (Twice!): "Well, the cause is people desiring a shortcut in their games by buying gold."

I've seen hundreds if not thousands of posts saying they've been compromised from posts made today alone. And he's trying to claim the large majority of compromises are from them buying gold from sketchy places? I don't buy that for a minute. Especially considering I'm not part of that large majority, and unless the other people I've seen posting are all liars, then neither are they.
No, you didn't read the whole post. Compromised accounts are buyers and non-buyers.

In fact, it's more important to target non-buyers because these are usually the works of 3rd party gold seller. Doesn't make any business sense to target your own customers.

And it's the internet, who knows who is lying and who is telling the truth? But internet crime/scam can be more devious and malicious than we attribute it for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
I don't have Diablo 3 myself, but out of the 6 people I know who have, and talked to, three have had their accounts compromised. Two work in high level IT and I'd trust to keep their computers very secure. While it is a very small sample size, even a 10% rate of "my account's been hacked!" sounds like it should be outside the realm of probability.
Oh no, we don't. There's no program to keep your pc safe 100% not even symantec or any big AV companies (which i wonder why my company still pays em).

We can keep our risk low but the chance is always there. Security flaws in external program to cleverly nested code in ads. While we know Blizzard hacking is popular, but i m certain that there's way more malware written to target Asian MMORPG which typically is cashshop driven and carry far more monetary value than your Diablo 3 account ever will.