View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 18:39   Link #70
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
If the MC is a perfect guy... then a harem are for perfect guys only....

If the MC is imperfect.. then we got chances to have our own!!!
But harem series with completely useless protagonists whose only good quality is being a nice guy seems...

Strong and cool protagonists with many girls fall for them are very realistic since they can protect their harem with their awesomeness. But what about weak protagonists? What's so special about them that deserve them harem? Novice and lame protagonist are outdated formula since they basically had nothing worthy of themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Somehow i felt that creator of this thread was just throwing tantrum about his general dislike in harem story. The kind of protagonist a harem stories has is just a matter of taste. Some prefer them pervert (DxD or Sora Oto), some like them kind without any other trait that stands out (most non-action harem comedy series), some like them badass (Campione, SAO, Accel).

@backbone. I'm not being sarcastic nor offensive towards you. It's fine if you prefer strong/cool type harem protagonist (just like me), but the way you point it out (pointing all the flaws in your first post) sounds kinda skewed in my opinion.
Then, let me questioning you, as fellow harem fans.

Won't you get pissed seeing only girls are strong while the MC is a non-action guy who's really useless, beta-type person? (The reason why i dislike the kind of Sekirei and SoraOto)

Won't you get bored seeing indecisive, stupid male leads whose brain completely useless when it comes to reading mood and have tendency to screw up in crucial moments?

Won't you feel "skewed" if the MC is just a butt-monkey whose only function is for the sake of punching bag for the heroines? (Korezom and Love Hina play this trope in exaggerated and overly violent ways)

All in all, if the MC had nothing special about him, it feels very odd and messed up if he were to get a harem. For some reason i kinda agree with you, but there's no way those statements of yours indicating that you weren't being sarcastic nor offensive towards me.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote