View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 18:49   Link #72
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Strong and cool protagonists with many girls fall for them are very realistic since they can protect their harem with their awesomeness.
Again with that term, "realistic". Realism is overrated. We're dealing with animation, a medium that's all about stretching the limits of reality. As long as it falls within each person's personal suspension of disbelief, then what's the problem if it doesn't sync up to reality 100%?

Quote:
Won't you get pissed seeing only girls are strong while the MC is a non-action guy who's really useless, beta-type person? (The reason why i dislike the kind of Sekirei and SoraOto)
He's also often the grounding voice of normalcy amidst all the high-concept fighting going on, and was deliberately designed as such. The primary appeal of these shows are the girls, and that's what I watch for.

Quote:
Won't you get bored seeing indecisive, stupid male leads whose brain completely useless when it comes to reading mood and have tendency to screw up in crucial moments?
I watch for comedy, so... not really.

Quote:
Won't you feel "skewed" if the MC is just a butt-monkey whose only function is for the sake of punching bag for the heroines? (Korezom and Love Hina play this trope in exaggerated and overly violent ways)
Again, comedy. Someone has to take the fall for comedy to work, and the girls often become the butt of jokes in just as many ways, sometimes involving slapstick as well.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote