View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 20:39   Link #78
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Look at this that way, WE are fcking sick and tired of the MC whose the sole defining trait is HE IS A NICE GUY, and unfortunately writers can't get through their brain that nice guy =/= doormat. We want to see a guy able to stand on its own, calling out on the abuse when it happens, telling the tsundere to quit the act, etc... We want a MC who have a goal on his own, that is not just " That girl". Yota of Video Girl Ai wanted to make a children book, Tomoya work up the motivation to take a job so he could move out and help his future family, even Keitaro wanted to go to Todai. We want more MC that are like Eikichi Onizuka, Tomoya Okazaki, or even Iskandar from Fate/Zero. The MC doesn't have to be realistic, the MC may be so larger-than-life that he becomes inspirational for the audience. Trying to understand what we want doesn't hurt, right?
Actually the main characters from the last few harem series that i have seen, do have a goal. So i have no idea which ones you are talking about.

As for "we" want, we "the foreigners" are usually not included in the target audience for harem animes in japan. Some series with these socalled "uninteresting" MC's actually sold very well. Why would the producers change their formula?
Also most of the harem series these days originate from popular light novels. So these animes try to satisfy the japanese otaku's (and i doubt that they are "alpha males") and not "us"

Coincidently, your post gave me an opportunity to use another saved image from a recent eroge that i read.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I don't mind being treated as a doormat in some cases.

As such, i am pretty sure there are more people like myself who are M to certain type of heroines (tsunderes, kuuderes, etc)

Last edited by hyl; 2012-10-17 at 20:51.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote