View Single Post
Old 2010-10-04, 22:23   Link #1282
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
He's good, he gets shit done, and just because he didn't bring Philly to the promise land, the fans will never forgive him. He is a future hall of famer, and this point I would want Mcnabbs flawed but known potential versus the unknown that is Kolb. Kolb had two great games when garcia had the starting job and went out due to injury, but so far he's just ineffective, mcnabb isn't efficient and he isn't accurate but there is always a 33%ish chance for him to kill you with a bomb, he is a streaky player, but the point is even with a 60 point passer rating his team was the victor, and the thing is even with Andy Reid's shitty play clock management, Mcnabb won those games where he "almost" lost them. That's how I've always thought of him. If he had a better coach McNabb would be a shoe in for the hall of fame.

This is nothing new...This has happened all throughout the history of NFL football...When you have a guy for a starter for a decade and he doesn't produce a championship or hasn't produced a championship for a while it's a natural inclination to want to bring in new blood...Except for the super-elites (Terry Bradshaw, Montana, Elway, etc.) This has always happened...Hell let me contradict myself a bit, even Brett Favre and Dan Marino couldn't escape this fate...

McNabb is going to be a borderline Hall of Famer...He won't get in on his first ballot, maybe not even 2nd, but he'll get in there for time served (And honestly he has a level of pathos from so many in the media that'll get him through)...To me, McNabb nutured his own capabilities...By going so hardcore against being looked at as a running black QB, he took his most essential skill (The skill that has Vick looking like Steve Young on Steroids right now) and limited himself IMO...He's not a pure west-coast QB and by purposely taking that aspect out of his game it put the spotlight on his shaky accuracy as a QB...

He probably would have been great in Mike Shanahan's offense back in the day...The Bootlegs, the sprint-actions, where he would only have to throw to 1 or 2 receivers downfield would have been better for his career...Imagine him instead of Jake Plummer in that Denver offense pre-Cutler...

McNabb has obviously had a good career, but when you examine it under a microscope, or even in microcosm, there was more than enuff evidence provided to validate a switch in Philly based on performance...Not that Kolb (or even Vick to some extent) is soooo much better, but that they represent a new dynamic moving forward...