View Single Post
Old 2012-02-08, 11:32   Link #39
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

Its's BS no matter how you look at it.

Kubo wrote himself into a corner; he created healing abilities for his characters that are so powerful that he no longer has an explanation for why someone can't be healed or revived... With what Orihime was able to do for Grimjow's arm and Menoly, there's no reason why she should not be able to do the same for Yamaji. We also have soi fon who lost her whole arm but still managed to get it back. Only possible explanation would be he's too prideful to get it healed, which is rather foolish since that means he is alloying himself, the strongest shimigami in SS, to go on with a handicap for no practical reason.

The fact that that there should be nothing stopping him from getting his arm healed tarnishes his "sacrifice".
No it's not BS-

sacrifice: To forfeit something for something else considered to have a greater value
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Giving up an arm means very little when you have the means to fix it
If it meant very little, because he could fix it......that would make it NOT a sacrifice and bullshit token act of heroism
Sacrifice does not mean giving up something for nothing; it means giving up one thing for something else we believe is worth more
There is a "No Back-sies" rule of Sacrifice. He can't get it back. He Sacrificed it. It can't be fixed because he didn't give it up, he didn't say --"this a temporary loan. I want my arm back after this is over with" He TRADED his arm for their lives

Kubo didn't write himself into a corner ---It-was-a-SACRIFICE

LOVED THE CHAPTER--but my pain over Bleach ending is keeping me from squeeing right now....