View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 05:05   Link #128
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Wasn't he told/threatened to not say anything to Taku?
I meant before he met Noumi but afterwards works just as well. Really, it's not like Noumi can read minds and he has no reason not to tell Taku unless he thinks Taku is too stupid to keep it a secret.

Quote:
As for Noumi's plan, I think Haru did consider it flimsy until he took Haru's wings away, which is basically going right for the weak point (just like how Yellow Radio brought up Kuroyukihime's killing of the one past king in the last arc as a way of attacking a person's weakest point).
I don't see how that makes any sense. Him suddenly losing his wings isn't going to suddenly make the blackmailing any less flimsy. And if Haru cared so much about his wings that he''ll just let Chiyu become Noumi's pet then that's news to me too.

Besides Noumi did still talk about Haru still being under his thumb in the real world so no I don't think it's the case at all that Haru thought it was flimsy. I think Haru just attacked Noumi because he was just angry at what he was about to do to Chiyu. I've rewatched the scene and I don't think there's anything to suggest he attacked because he thought the blackmailing was flimsy. If that's what he actually thought then you think he would've said something.

Quote:
And as for going for the "big finish" rather than the easy win... I think that's pretty obvious: he wanted to show him up. A big flashy finish would "show him who's boss", but of course it backfired.
I just think he was handed the Idiot Ball. And slowly grinding his HP down by dragging him across isn't even flashy anyway.