View Single Post
Old 2008-08-07, 09:43   Link #27
asam_laksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitsugaya_Toushiro View Post
uhm...

Fuji Kujaku (藤孔雀, Wisteria Peacock):

* Shikai: The shikai command for Fuji Kujaku is "bloom" (咲け sake, "bloom for me" in the English adaptations). In its shikai, Fuji Kujaku takes the form of a sickle-shaped blade, or falx, distinguished from the khopesh by the cutting edge being located on the inside. A hinge at the hilt allows Fuji Kujaku to split into four identical blades. Although Yumichika doesn't admit it to his 11th Division comrades for fear of being hated, since 11th Division zanpakutō are generally used for direct attack, he has a kidō-type sword.

Shikai Special Ability: By using the command "tearing deviate"(裂き狂え, sakikurue), Fuji Kujaku flares up and takes the appearance of many peacock feathers, after which it drains the opponent's spiritual power, allowing him to beat even lieutenant-level fighters with apparent ease. Powerful as it is, Yumichika only makes use of his zanpakutō's kido properties when no other member of the 11th Division is around, lest they witness the true nature of his zanpakutō.

due to this, i'm assuming that ruri-iro kujaku isn't the command to the reiatsu absorbing kido, because it's "sakikurue" .....

so there are 3 possibilities:

1)they traslated wrong "Fuji" into "Ruri-iro"

2)he got a bankai (but none "BANKAI!" yell....uhm)

3)it's a new lame shikai power
Man, I never saw this being changed. Yeah, it's now Ruri-iro as in Azure-color Peacock, vs Wisteria Peacock for the name of Yumichika's zanpakutou. The kanji's used are different now (I checked the Wikipedia for the old name too).

Kudos for noticing the difference.