View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 16:22   Link #139
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
To be honest I stopped seeing those deaths as disturbing right after the teacher suicide incident...
Yeah, that's the exact same death that made me realize that these deaths were probably going to be visually overdone and hard to take seriously.

Truth be told, Another was at least as much classic-style Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street Slasher/Horror fare as it was a true Mystery show. You see this by how often butcher knives were used when these mysterious contraptions named "guns" would have been much more effective and less painful (for suicide victims).

In fact, Jason or Freddy would have fit in better in Another than Sherlock Holmes or the character in haguruma's avatar.

My viewing Another that way going into its finale is probably why I liked it more than a fair number of other people did.

The finale certainly isn't without its weaknesses, but almost all the students collectively losing their marbles wasn't one of them, imo, with one exception. And that exception is Izumi. I was a bit disappointed that she didn't keep her wits about her. That being said, she had the best death scene by far, imo.

8/10 is what I give this episode, and that's probably what I'll give the anime overall as well.