View Single Post
Old 2008-05-25, 00:33   Link #249
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
But don't you think this is also a reason she lied?
The way I would argue is, there is no need to. Medusa don't have to lie about being an insane psychotic evil bitch, because she IS one. Well, unless you actually think she is secretly pious and nice. And if she is trying to lie about being the same type of person as Stein, she would show some soft spot too (as Stein has plenty of soft spot), making herself more easy to relate to by Stein. And this also leads to my next point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Witch Pride.

It's not good to look like a softy in front of your enemy, considering the situation of their death match. Especially for a big bad witch like Medusa.
Showing she cares about Chrona might actually shaken Stein somewhat. It is clear that Stein, and Spirit too wants to believe she isn't that evil of a child abuser. Showing she has a soft spot can slow them down by playing into their expectation, and even if not Stein, it'll definitely work on Spirit. Showing she has a soft spot can make her more appear less threatening to her enemy and should be able to impress Stein a bit more. But she didn't, as she has no such soft spot at all, not even a fake one.
Plus, if Medusa really has a soft spot for Chrona, I see her even use that to her advantage and taunts with lines like "I lover Chrona, and the Chrona loves me too, are you really that heartless to separate us? Or would you admit to be as coldblooded as I am?"
Such words is most definitively going to dealt some psychological blow to both Stein and Spirit.

Oh and also, I never think Medusa have any sort of "right mind". Our insanity is her definition of normalcy.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote