View Single Post
Old 2009-09-27, 21:22   Link #449
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
They are cliches because they used to work. Nowadays they are the sign of a parody or a lazy writer. I'm not asking them to come up with a revolutionary new idea, but for god sake that single scene must be the dictionary picture for a "romance triangle drama" definition.
Personally, this is why I avoid thinking too much about "tropes" and "cliche" plot points. Sooner or later, everything we've viewed will become either one. In my opinion, thinking about all of those just limits my enjoyment of an anime series unless the plot is really, really bad. Still, I can understand what you're saying and I do agree. What I did love was Grace's cynical attitude in this episode, it had me thinking, "I wonder what she's up to now?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
just a reminder do you need time to let those episodes sink in?? I know it's really tempting to watch all episodes at once (i tried that) but by doing so you might not have enough energy to pay full attention to those details in each episode

just my 2 cents
Actually, I think he's doing a pretty good job at picking up on the details. I watched all the episodes in 2 days in my first run through and I overlooked a couple of things, so it just depends on the person watching.

Spoiler for Plot:

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"