View Single Post
Old 2010-01-10, 13:06   Link #1835
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Could you remind me who and when told that Shiranui is Zenkichi friend? In this thread? A few people said that Shiranui is his friend - if my memory serves me right - same people whose believe Medaka is Zenkichi friend. In other words people who want to see in Medaka Box things which weren't there.

Both Medaka and Shiranui likes to manipulate people. The difference is Medaka is hypocrite, Shiranui is not.

Best interpretation for Medaka is that she doesn't know what is love and friendship. She just copy behavior of other people, claim to love everyone, while she doesn't love anyone but want to be loved. It also means she is manipulating everyone to love her, because she don't understand that forced love is not a true love. It makes her a hypocrite even if she has good intentions (I'm starting to doubt in her good intentions).
The same people who see that the writing is on the wall about who is friends with who. But when someone else who treats Zenkichi worse was mentioned to make a point no one bothered to be up in arms about it. Showing some obvious bias imo. Too many people keep trying to downplay whats outright stated in this series for whatever reasons they have if it speaks against what they wish to interpret it as.

I'll say she knows what those kinds of feelings are in the text book sense of the words but she has a harder time grasping them in their entirety. Still doesn't change the fact that she she is friend's with Zenkichi whether people want to believe it or not. She may be a hypocrite with good intentions in regards to some things but her friendship with Zenkichi isn't one of them.

I won't be carrying on this conversation beyond this post. Feels absolutely pointless to do so for this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Issue 7 Bottom 5
Medaka
Kanata
Rilenthal
Neko Wappa
Ane Dokii (out)

Issue 8
Lead CP: Psyren
CP: Nurarihyon, Beelzebub, Medaka

So it seems that Ane-doki is gone, and Medaka Box is getting a colour page, pretty neat eh? It sounds like Medaka Box might be sticking around for a longer time than people originally assumed, probably to the dismay of some people
I honestly think they axed this one before even waiting to see volume 1 sales. They have to be like 2-4 weeks ahead or whatever for chapters turned in so they must have made this decision the week before or that very week. Either way, this goes on the list of dumb WSJ decisions from a business perspective.

I was thinking about how much I wanted a new color page. The last one was for the required chapter 2 color. Medaka continues to mirror Sket Dance, Psyren, and Mago in that it keeps having other series that do worse than it to cover for it. Only in this case, it is also like Mago in that the volume sales will keep growing at a fast rate.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote