View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 05:15   Link #679
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
oh man... were gonna slaughter you with questions.

How about spoiling us on what your favorate moments were for both Est and Fiana.

Why did Restia leave Kamito?
Was there a reason why she left?
And was there never a tattoo on his left hand? Because that picture shows no tattoo.
Was he wearing a glove for the hell of it?

Why did Restia leave Kamito 3 years ago? Unexplained. There's something about how she was torn apart after Kamito made that ridiculous wish of wanting to kill all the elemental lords. She definitely left unwillingly, but how she left or what happened exactly is probably going to be explained in volume 7. I mean it's about Ren Ashbell and all.

Afterwards, Restia has been following some ridiculous misguided instructions to awaken Kamito as the Dark Elemental Lord. The books all hint that this person is a female. Originally, we all thought that this was the fake Ren Ashbell, but as it turns out she's only working with her, not for her. I'm more than willing to bet that this all ties together and Restia is working for none other than Claire's missing older sister. This is all speculation on my part though, but there are some hints.

Was there never a tattoo on his left hand?

There has always been a tattoo on Kamito's left hand, ever since he released Restia from her seal in the instructional facility. If it's not in the drawings, that is a mistake by the artist.

The seal is never stated to have disappeared even after Restia's apparent death in volume 6, so I assume it's still there even now.

Wearing a glove for the hell of it? It sure seems so. He wears it because he wanted to conceal the fact that he was a male spirit contract, though at this point it is completely irrelevant, since everyone already knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
aigomorla@ I thought was clear that Restia contract was still there. Just in a limbo like state. He try to summon her but she don't come from what i know. so no, the mark would be still there and that why kamito use the leather glove. Also we really don't know how much deeper relationship really was. We read something from Kamito thought and from some spoiler but we don't really know much about that.(for now) and that's why I'm soo damn curios to know more about their past.

KiRa08o2@ Yeah
Spoiler for spoiler:
Volume 6 just about explains everything we need to know about Restia and Kamito's relationship. Though that volume looks like it won't be in English for a long time. I wonder if it's in Chinese already?

I'm almost certain the author is going to bring Restia over to Kamito side. It just doesn't seem right for a character to die in a harem, love comedy, romance novel such as this. Also, to be very honest, the author isn't the greatest at dropping hints without it being the most obvious thing in the world. Volume 6 drops these ridiculous hints:

1. Kamito gets his right hand caught in a trap. He switches hands and stabs the enemy with Est in his left hand while exclaiming, "Sorry, but I'm ambidextrous." in what the equivalent of bolded caps in Japanese.

2. Kamito regains 1 technique employed by Ren Ashbell. The Rekka Rasen kenbu is explained to be a technique for a dual wielder as he uses it. But he can adapt it to be used with 1 weapon.

So... Kamito is probably going to be a dual wielder, but who's he going to wield? It better be Restia...

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]

Last edited by Sylphic; 2012-04-19 at 05:35.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote