View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 12:16   Link #2975
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
No, I mean the limiters actually. Remember why they were put on Nanoha and the rest? It was said, and I believe from the first season, that magic can torn time and space. That is why most units don’t have mages of great power working together in the same area. So when the Riot Force 6 was formed they put limiters on Nanoha, Fate, Vita, Signum and Hayate because having so many powerful mages working together in the same small area could create a dimensional incident. And I know we later seem large scale magic battles were there is a lot of magic and nothing bad ever happens but that is the reason they give to us so I am going by the canon information here.
Eh... you're a bit wrong about that. Watch ep 4 again where it is explained. The limiters were there for more political reasons. Without limiters, units could recruit all the best mages, leaving the weaker ones for less prestigious units. Now, suddenly, you have one very powerful unit, and all the other units get jealous. So the TSAB instituted a max cap on magic potential in any given unit. You could still recruit, but the mages would have to get limiters which kept their magic potential the same as every other unit.

As a side note, and may not be completely canon, but it would also dampen the danger of mutiny as well. One powerful unit of SS rank mages could easily take out all the other C and B ranked units and seize control. But not if every unit was the same strength. You'd need a majority of units to mutiny, then.