Thread: Licensed Hourou Musuko
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-01, 15:29   Link #209
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm getting very ominous vibes over the last few chapters. I think Shuu is headed for a major existential crisis, and I hope someone (presumably Takatsuki) is there for him when it happens, because he's always been there for everybody else.

What a hideous betrayal by Jyougasaki. Nitorin is simply too trusting and too damn nice.
I think the crisis is simple. Unlike Takatsuki, who can slip between male/female roles due to her relatively androgynous build, Nitorin is realizing that guys don't usually work the same way. This is why it's better to catch transgender kids early, due to how "destructive" hormones can be to the body. He'll have to decide soon if being a girl is really what he wants, because the longer he waits, the harder it will be to undo the changes of male puberty. It's not like there aren't "mannish" women out there, but Nitorin saw what happened when the father tried this, and problems that caused in public circles. The article from Jyougasaki bothered him more about the comments to it, than the betrayal of trust. And his friends too are noticing that he isn't passing as well as he used to.

I think this is where Yuki will be of help. She passes amazingly well, which suggests that she made her decision around the time Shu is now. I don't think anyone else could offer the advice she could.