View Single Post
Old 2008-03-16, 23:36   Link #59
Snuffle
likes cute things

Ok. I think I've played enough of Wild Arms XF to give a decent opinion on it .

Now, if someone here is one of those people that listens WITHOUT QUESTION to places like IGN, Gamespot, 1up, whatever other places where "professional" reviewers are, then you might reject my opinion, or save yourself the time and don't read it.

So far I've played exactly 9hrs 17mins 29secs of it (from my psp save data), and I'm still enjoying it . The biggist complaint from IGN and 1up (never read gamespot's review, only heard it was bad) was that you had to use specific classes to pass certian stages... All I have to say to that is... BIG FRICKEN DEAL!! It's a strategy game!! Not a simple hack and slash or even an EASY rpg for that matter, where you can just use whatever you want and still own the game... please... >_>;; They even compare it to Disgaea and Final Fantasy Tactics which are ports with added stuff... XF is a psp exclusive people....

I actually find those "use specific class" stages quite interesting . Someone on GameFAQS actually said this this looks like a gameboy advance game... ya ok... I'm glad everybody pretty much brushed him off. IMO for rpg's, the things that are important are: Character Intereactions, Story, and the Battle System.

BTW, I think it's important to mention that IGN also complained about the VIT system... ya.. they don't like characters loosing HP for fighting/walking to long (basicly getting tired)... They don't even mention you can heal the VIT for a very genorous amount >_>;; And it only takes 1 turn.

Anyway, sorry for the ranting . In general, I like the game. But let me point out on the things that I don't like:

- Story characters have poor stats compared to people you can hire (hire like FFT), but only by a little.
- Useable items can ONLY be used on YOURSELF, unless you are that Chemist like class...
- (this one is minor) Too many skills that are not allowed to be used after you make a movement... But there is a skill from another class that allows that for 1 turn, it's balanced enough for it not to be irritating, so I was able to deal with it.

I think that's it for now, crap that was long... But in general, I recommend it for stratagy fans as long as you can handle those negitive things I said about it. As I've already said, I enjoy it and still am .
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote