View Single Post
Old 2007-09-24, 18:24   Link #194
BBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I agree with you that reckless advancement leads to disaster. But can "slow advancement" excuse any organisation from taking at least adequate measures to handle disasters?
Depends if those disasters could have been forseen.

Quote:
In fact, we can argue that the scope of their responsibilities demands that the TSAB must have a practical and proven approach to dealing with insurgents and LL-related criminals, as well as the various forms of muscle (in terms of technology, military strength and diplomatic capability) required to support their methods.
Come and arrest them, if unsuccesfull, blow it up. I think that they usually have enough firepower to deal with the usual problem, but just not enough mages/ships.

Quote:
Is this not sad, not only to the magi in question, but also the TSAB itself?
Yep, the TSAB is quite full of itself. With stupid rules such limiting firepower in an unit and forbidding key personel from carrying their devices during a meeting. But that makes only sense if they are more afraid of internal rebellion then of being attacked by an outside force.

Quote:
Also, I don;t quite understand how future historians will regard this as an example of "pushing too far". Who pushed what too far?
The original cause of this situation are the TSAB brains. They created Jail and supported him so that he could give them advanced combat technology so that their power would grow.

Quote:
Imagine a squad of Tiana Lansters, equally cunning, ruthless and well-equipped in the hands of one like Scaglietti or worse.
Painfull, but it also limits them to, rare, upper level opponents that can support such advanced devices.

Quote:
We don't really know if dangerous Lost Logia are really that rare. To be fair, we also don't know otherwise, but one of the fundamentals behind disaster preparation is to assume the worst scenario, which in our case would lead us to classify all LLs as dangerous.
Then why allow an auction? As seen in the first part of StrikerS?