View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 22:42   Link #428
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Watch nearly all my anime (and normal tv), via any of my computers (desktops/laptops).

Rather than pause anime, I often find myself dragging the seekbar through. It's actually quite appalling at how often I do this, and these days it's a measure of some significance if I actually watch a full episode of a particular show without ever dragging the seekbar on potplayer.

It's actually been years since I've owned a real tv. I use a laptop for watching in bed, though I use to have an older desktop/monitor setup in my bedroom.

I think the only real thing I miss about not having a real tv is hosting football parties, but luckily I know enough people that do like to host football parties, so it's not that big of a deal.

I guess there's always watching girly movies with the gf, but I think it's a fair compromise that if I have to sit through a girly movie, we do it at her place.

Most of the anime I have is subbed, so I can't really get away with just turning it on and then going to cook dinner, etc, like I used to do with my tv (which used to just be almost permanently on), but I do have enough laptops/desktops in my place that I can watch pretty much anywhere, and I do continue to play normal American tv shows on my computers while doing other things.

I do own a few dubs that I've treated that way, and I can probably recite the entire Outlaw Star script by heart, as I've had it playing in the background so many times over the years. :/

I never watch my anime via smartphone, etc. There's a certain size I need for visual entertainment, which makes me all sorts of bemused when watching people treating their smartphones/tablets as their primary entertainment hub throughout the day. I guess I'm just old and totally out of it, but portable entertainment in its current form is something I just don't get. I mean, I own a smartphone, but outside of google maps and google sky, the less I use the phone the better, in my view.

Maybe if those Google goggles (or something similar), become a reality, I'll finally start watching anime/tv on the go. Better yet, surgical implants that shine images directly to our retina. Where I don't have to sacrifice awesome for portability.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote