View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 12:42   Link #29790
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Two things:
2) There is another explanation besides "nut or asshole," which is lying. Even if the baby did exist, and even if the baby was indeed Beatrice-2's child, there is no evidence it actually lived. Yasu could be somebody else. Plus the baby could've, you know, not actually existed. Since we know basically nothing about Genji's motives to do anything we have no idea why any of the things that he did to Yasu were done. And we certainly can't know whether or why he did the things he's alleged to have done, because Yasu didn't even witness those.
Used to think this was the best scenario, right now I'm more content with the idea that writer Yasu is male but is having confusion (being a teen) about their sexuality and identity gender related and wrote Umineko during said confusion.
The idea that Yasu had to wear gradually bigger fake dress as she was growing up to keep up with the scam still looks ridiculous to me.

Edit: Adding to that, Beatrice as in arc 4 is fundamentally bothered by the question "who is she", I don't think that was explored much. It opens very large and nicely the door to question her past story as she seemingly does it herself. If we think of Umineko as being written by a writer who doesn't know if they are a man or women (in their heart) then I'm thinking this might make more sense.

Actually so much could make sense if we think Shannon never existed and Yasu has always been Kanon. I can see it more or less, the little child realizing he might be into guys after meeting Battler and having the lines he says make his heart melt. However he can never be certain of the real meaning of these words. Year later Jessica tries to date him but he rejects her in favor of George, another man. This would explain why George and Yasu's relation needs to be kept so secretly as well as possibly making a nice parallel of George/Kanon with Kinzo/Genji. I can see how trying to include these things into a story could shape it into something like Umineko, including the Beatrices' legends.

I'm also thinking like, shouldn't there be a sort of stand at one point?
10 tons of mysterious gold from Italy, 1 kilometer in diameter explosion crater, raising a child to wear gradually bigger fake breast, said being pretenting to be two people during the same work shift, jessica never noticed nor that person's employer, Kyrie's baby being stolen etc... We can find explanations for all of these, I guess. Doesn't change that all of that together sounds well like most fantasy stories are LESS insane (I have a really hard time if anything to think a fantasy story would pull out Shkanon in the same nonsensical way). So what I'm thinking is when something is too ridiculous, shouldn't we question it's very existence and the information that we have about it? As it stands Umineko is the ninja pirate zombie robot of Mystery.

Last edited by UsagiTenpura; 2012-07-23 at 13:06.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote