View Single Post
Old 2006-02-16, 15:49   Link #34
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki
Isn't there a whole thread in this forum devoted to projects that need continuation/picking up?
Okay, here's the criterion mentioned earlier: "Limited to shows with depth, catering to the mature audience, of course"
Then let's look at the last few suggestions in said thread, omitting all the banter at the side.

Animal Yokocho: Talking stuffed animals, nuff said.

Windy Tales: Yes, that's something already set back in motion.

Magical Fairy Persia: The words "magic" and "fairy" do not exactly relate to the word "mature".

Dr. Rin: Yet another mahou+shoujo genre -_-

Yawara: Sports genre. Show is actively being carried out by LE-FB.

Galaxy Express 999: Other than the fact that I have no interest in Matsumoto Leiji space dramas, I'm under the impression this one might make it to Sylf's hands sometime.

Keroro Gunsou: This is slapstick and parody.

Yu-Gi-Oh Original: This one was made just to pimp the card game. In all seriousness...

Then the rest are old comments from 2004...

Quote:
However, taking on a series you know is continued by the groups first to pick it up is another matter altogether. Or am I just being nit-picky?

I understand that you and other members of anime community can't wait to see the next episode of Gallery Fake. I understand it even more as I love this show myself. But the last thing I would like for my fansubbing activities would be starting to resemble my real life with mad deadlines, heavy load of work etc. I fansub for fun.... And I would like it to remain so... Poking me to translate faster is welcome as it shows that people are genuinely interested in my fansub work... But that's about it. I work on Gallery Fake as much as I can. Which, I honestly admit, is not much as of late. Still we're crawling forward....
I can safely presume LE is not going to put out any more eps, though they free to prove me wrong.
No one is forcing you to throw all your spare time into this show. I know full well it's no walk in the park.

Okay, here's the stand:
Anyone who is reading this and is interested to see my associates carry out Gallery Fake, say aye.
If there is no public interest, we will not do a public release, i.e. internal only.

And would those with troll accounts refrain from commenting.
CelesAurivern is offline   Reply With Quote