View Single Post
Old 2013-02-07, 00:58   Link #6521
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Well I wasn't citing commentary of third parties into the discussion first. Even when I did, I used someone that actually played in the game, not someone who works for the press.

All of your "logical factors" are merely speculation and don't mean anything...especially since none of us have been in the situation. And especially since we're talking about behavior/psyche in a certain situation as a debating point. There is nothing logical about that at all. Even if you wanted to take a stab in the dark, which is that this is, a more plausible reason the 49ers had success to me is that they merely started executing like they had all year long. We live in a world where everyone wants to be a reality-television inspired narrative to every single thing. How about the team just started playing well and the blackout was a coincidence? Didn't help the Steelers (we'll make injury excuses for that though), but it helped San Francisco?

We'll have to agree to disagree then.
You're making it seem like divine intervention. That a blackout occurs and they just magically start play at their best without putting in the effort to get there. Ravens were cooled down as a result of the blackout and lost the momentum they had from the first half and the touchdown at the beginning of the second. The 49ers pulled their heads together during those 25 minutes and planned out what to do next during that time. That is the most logical argument. It's all about time management during the blackout.

I've played football before. There were times that a game would get delayed due to thunder or lightning. After that the game would end up being completely different than it was before. It affects the game a LOT. The Steelers probably didn't use the time to properly prepare and pull themselves together and it cost them. The Ravens probably did preparations since it IS the Super Bowl but the loss of momentum would still be very costly.