Thread: Crunchyroll Saki
View Single Post
Old 2009-06-02, 18:15   Link #1009
onemadcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
btw i just want to make sure, everyone here are saying this is a two cour show(24 eps) but on every site i checked it says this is a 13 episodes series(ANN and wikipedia) so whats the basis for the assumption this is gonna be 24 episodes?
I think the 13 ep. listing is sort of a generic response from them when it is not clear from any source (network, publisher, moonphase, etc.) how many episodes are planned.

Most people are assuming that this will be a 24~26 ep. series because there's no real graceful way to wrap the story up in the time left. It might be possible to wrap the tournament in 4 episodes, but there would have to be a second season at some point because the end of the tourney is NOT the end of the story. Saki is aiming for the nationals to resolve family issues, and Nodoka has reasons she hasn't fully explained yet.

It is interesting to note that the manga-ka took 2 issues (a whole month!) off from the story. Could it be to flesh out the rest of the storyline with the anime staff? Curious indeed ...
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote