View Single Post
Old 2010-10-08, 14:28   Link #61
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Are you saying that Ritsu isn't a bit of a jerk? She ripped up Mio's literary club application form at the start of the series, generally drags her into things against her will, was notably jealous of Nodoka for being friends with Mio in their second year, perpetually neglects her responsibilities to the club, mocks Yui as often as she serves as Yui's comic foil in some practical joke, played a rather cruel joke on Azusa in Episode 26 (almost reducing her to tears,) and once pitched this huge whine-fest about how playing the drums keeps her out of the spotlight.

I'd say Ritsu is very realistic. She's just blessed with a group of friends who are remarkably tolerant of the shortcomings of her character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
I dont agree.
For me Ritsu was impressive in season 1 !!

At least,Ritsu's irrational jealousy to Nodoka is not negative for me.
Her feeling, Mio would go away,meant her strong friendship to Mio.
She expressed her jealousy so clearly.

And, She asked Mio to stay with me more until Im sleep, it is her honesty.
This scene is very sweet...
No, actually, I don't think she's that much of a jerk :S (You could argue Yui's a jerk to Ui for making her do everything, or Azusa's a jerk to the group for (attempting) to scold them everytime they don't practice. Or even Mio for being a jerk for always hitting Ritsu). At least, not on purpose anyways. Mio and Ritsu have developed a comfortable enough relationship where they don't have to worry about the fact that the other might leave and ditch them. Once Nodoka came along, Ritsu became insecure about their strength of a relationship and just got plain confused. As for the practical jokes she plays on the others, it's not like they're something that'd hurt them for a long period of time.

Come to think of it, Yui and Mugi's characters are the only ones who haven't been mad or frustrated at one point... Maybe Mugi on the phone to her family servants (which kind of makes me second guess her character). Mugi seems to have some evil side no one is aware of yet ;O