Thread: Licensed Ichigo 100%
View Single Post
Old 2004-10-06, 19:46   Link #99
Thelastguardian

I had been reading Ichigo 100% since chapter 10. However you could say I have a love/hate relationship with it:

(rant mode on)

1. How could the main character be so freaking lucky. I mean not one, not two, not even three, but four girls. If real life is like that I ehh....(but then again looking at the general male behaviour in the manga, I as a girl would rather fall for the nice-guy manaka then fall for those "animals")
Another thing is that he could play 5P anytimes he wants (or at least one on one). Yet he doesn't have the gut do it. You can call it being nice or manly, but there is a limit of being ball-less. Which leads to the second point

2. The mangaka seems content to toture the reader as much as possible. When you read Ichigo you often come across parts that you never-really-wanted-to-see again and again. Couple that plot manipulation are use so heavy that you gotta wonder: What the hell.

3. The drawing style tends to be on the messy side. IMO the style can be said as the exact opposite as Love Hina. In Lova Hina every line is, well a line. Not a brush of lines compose together. Even though the mangaka's technique had improve moderately over the course (the line is more of a line now), it would be interesting to see how they fare in animation.

(rant mode off)
(silly mode on)

It had been rough but...Kozue had become, in my book, the cutest character in I 100% XD .
Spoiler:

Kawaii desu!!!!

(silly mode off)

Why do I get a feeling Ichigo 100% is starting to wrap itself up for conclusion?

Just my rant about the manga....

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2004-10-07 at 18:06. Reason: spelling mistakes