View Single Post
Old 2011-04-07, 02:40   Link #351
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
...Actually that seems to be the criticism and how they upped the *ehem* male relationships, besides leaving key bits from the movies, feeling overall rushed? This is understandable, the deadline was too close and with what happen in Japan...

I don't see any "shippy" bits mentioned from either triangle girl (besides the known triangle resolution?). Mostly the whole Alto and Brera or Alto and Michel.

So I'm going to wait until I get a review from someone from this forum before investing in this stuff.
I was referring to the fact that his beauty as a woman already makes it hard enough to picture him with a woman, then comes along a person who writes the light novel where Alto is practically in love with the boys in the show... I mean, what Alto said to Brera in the movie apparently wasn't half as emotional as what was said in the light novel according to some reviews. Honestly, I don't like picturing Alto in a relationship with any man. Most of the time, if I come up with an idea for a fanfic, Alto HAS to yell at Brera and refuse to be friends with him and kick Michael's ass for screwing up with something (even protecting Ranka).

To be quite honest, his beauty makes me mistake him for a woman when I see certain fanart, as most of the Alto fans view him as a female or playing a female role. Gender bender art is becoming more popular...

To me, if Alto ends up with a girl, it'd be Ranka because she's already cute and can easily be seen as a woman. Whilst Sheryl can easily dress up as a boy (shown well in the movie) and act like one; making me not take her interest in Alto seriously in the movie. So, I'll just throw that out there.

As for the novel: the main conflict doesn't end? The war? I thought that was the POINT of Macross!

So, whom wins the triangle in the novel? I know you say it leads to AxS, Thess; but I want to know Yot-chan's full read of the novel. But you don't have to if you don't want to, Yot-chan; I'll just wait till I have money to move to Japan and study all forms of Japanese, which might take 5-10 years at my job rate.

All joking aside: is there anything specific about Ranka that the novel glorifies (I will intensify on that) her from the series/movie version of herself? What about Sheryl? Or even Brera? (Leaves out Alto, not important when already discussed.)