Thread: Kurozuka
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-30, 05:20   Link #116
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm still puzzled by the opening of episode one, though. It appears as if Kuro jumps back through time from the dysfunctional future to the feudal period. Is this just a bit of artistic license, or are we to believe he is travelling through time? It left me wondering if we don't have some type of time circularity when he's made immortal then returns periodically to his mortal past only to once again bite Kuromitsu.
Firstly, this is likely artistic license. Another idea would be that, being immortal, his memory start to mix up events and time periods.

Quote:

I found the rationale for the destruction of the future world rather implausible myself. Most discussions of defenses against asteriod collisions rely on bumping the asteroid slightly off its orbital track so that it misses the earth, not blowing it up with dozens of nuclear weapons.
I think of it as "Deep Impact" and "Armageddon" going very wrong. Remember that in the panic, the nukes, supposed to be programmed to aim the asteroid, aimed towns instead.

EDIT: I do think this is my favorite of the season. Depending on how it unfold and deliver, it might turn into my favorite show of the year.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote