View Single Post
Old 2007-07-23, 12:02   Link #308
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The funny thing is, all those planets mentioned by Hayate and Fate had research labs of Scagliety on them. Not the local government. He willingly risked entire planets just for the sake of his experiments.
The worlds we were arguing with Chaos about were supposedly destroyed completely by the fault of their leaders' not too careful research of LL. You're talking about the uninhabited worlds where Doc built his facilities, which didn't suffer any significant damage when said facilities got destroyed for whatever reason. Those are different things. And this proves that Doc is careful unlike some other morons.

Quote:
So they're not mindless, berserking droids, but they can't tell the difference between a possible enemy and a harmless little child. To me, that means that they are mindless, berserking droids, and to me, that means that Scagliety is not trying to minimize casualties.
OMG if they were berserking there wouldn't be a need of a Relic to cause massacre of innocent people. And even in all known Relic cases no clear evidence of human casualties exists. And YES, anything that's willingly obstructs the way to the targeted object is a threat. Ignoring it is stupid.

Quote:
10 seconds before the attack starts. That's like saying to someone "watch your step" right before you push them.
Your point could be valid if anybody who didn't oppose Doc's forces directly got harmed.

Quote:
Offering your illegal tools to the highest bidder means you are also offering them to those with evil intentions, and those on the other side of the law. I don't see many armies sell their spiffy jets t unknown people.
LOL, it's the society's fault if those with evil intentions have resources to afford top-class weaponry. Armies don't sell their jets because they're armies. In our world simply there aren't any independent high-tech weapon manufacturers like Doc.

Quote:
Considering the guy attacked them with no warning, who would trust him to keep his side of the bargain?
Once he shows how weak is TSAB they'll have to trust him.