View Single Post
Old 2008-12-02, 02:36   Link #266
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
I call her a jerkass because she shows little regard for the desires and feelings of others. And, you know, because of the blackmail, molestation, and assault. One could argue that she softens as the novels go on, but that just gets her to Jerk with a Heart of Copper, in my opinion. I actually wouldn't mind if you called Sasaki a block of wood. I call myself a Sasaki-ist because we're in a Haruhi (and more broadly, anime) themed board an I like her better. In another forum I might claim Pastafarianism or whatever else struck my fancy.
True enough; but that's quite harsh in any way. I remember being a little like Haruhi myself in my high school days. I tried to set up a video club. Yeah, and with silly products like what you saw in the Episode 00. Being the head of the club, I was the director... and ended up being a little like Haruhi, often calling people out just to smooth the edges of the plot/storyboard and repeatly rejecting idea for being not interesting enough.

Quote:
I understand that you've dealt with people who take this stuff far too seriously, but I'm operating under the assumption that all of us here are sufficiently stable that none of this is going to push us over the edge.
You never know.

Quote:
How are the ones who can't be convinced out of it reported? I mean, over here in America if somebody killed him/herself over a TV show, that would make the news.
In Japan, there are 47 prefectures and at least 2 per prefecture. The case merely gets reported on that prefecture's paper and ends there, and usually in a small corner. Unless it's Obama City (in Fukui Prefecture) supporting Barack Obama or something, the smaller prefectural papers' news items never make it to national status. Unless the prefecture's Tokyo or Osaka.