View Single Post
Old 2010-12-13, 17:48   Link #139
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
They were no different than the other Kage bodyguards and other newbies like Omoi, Karui, and Samui.
One difference is that they were previously helping an evil boss. Most of the people on the good side have immunity, but those who are or were on the bad side seem to be good candidates to die.
The other difference is age, Kishi does not kill young people, they are the new generation.
So if someone is neither young nor on the good side he has a 99% chance of dying.
If someone is just old (raikage, etc...) or just on the evil side then he has a good chance to die, but can survive if Kishi has a purpose for him in the plot. I guess Tsunade has a purpose so she survived, but it might be that her purpose is only to give time for Naruto to raise to the hokage position, and maybe die against Madara. She's some kind of a mother figure for Naruto, so i think she has a good chance to survive until the end of the manga, and become a Chiyo-like ninja who has retired.
Karin and company have survived because they are too young to be killed off, also they might have a minor role later if they meet with Naruto.

If someone is on the good side and is young he has immunity (Kankuro, Neji, Choji all healed from lethal conditions).

So really those 2 guys who were killed by Madara were the obvious candidates for death, but that does not mean that any of the ex-genins has lost his immunity. I think that even Anko and Yamato have a chance to survive this. The most likely to die are old people, like the kages or some older generals, and of course unnamed shinobi grunts.

It also seems that jutsu are becoming more and more magical/overpowered/etc... Which means that it might turn out that Naruto gains the power of the sage temporarily and resurrects most of the killed good guys.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote