View Single Post
Old 2012-06-03, 15:58   Link #121
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I don't know you people, but I want to SEE mars get terraformed (and I would be organizing the petitions to change the planet name to Aqua, I want not only to visit other planets in our solar system, I want to visit planets outside or solar system. In 1.4 millions years I want to see how the star Gliese 710 gets at a mere 1 light year from our sun (ATM proxima centauri is at 4 light years from our sun). I want to see (from a safe place) how our galaxy collides with andromeda. Maybe I am a bit foolish, who cares
Its not foolish at all, some of us posted here that we would like to observe and learn from the universe as well. And we think curiosity and willingness to learn is the key to living a healthy and meaningful immortal life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Even if a man is immortal, there’s no way that he/she can be called a "God". That’s because humans (immortal or not) lack one thing which is very essential for being a God: The ability to “create”. Humans can only “make” things but they can’t “create” something from nothing at all. That is the line between a human and a God IMO. And that’s just one from many more.
Not that I want to discuss about becoming a god or not, I have no interest in becoming one. I just want to talk about gods and creation.

Not all gods from all religions create things or are worshiped for creation. There are tribes who worship animals not because they create, but because they are spiritual guides or simply because they provide food. And there are many gods that are just there because people appreciate them in some way.

And I'm sure humans have created many things that were never there in the first place. I'm sure there were no gods who created computers, cars, planes and such. These are the result of ideas that came out from 'nothing'.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2012-06-03 at 17:43.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote