View Single Post
Old 2013-03-02, 08:56   Link #3158
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
@4. She's allowed to feel. She is allowed to have feelings. You might say that it's unfair for her to be able to since he can't but honestly, it's not like he's not allowed to either, he simply doesn't have the ability to.

@ 3. People do recognize Tatsuya as an incredible person. It's not like everyone treats him like trash. To the military and to the people that get to see glimspses of his skill-set(specifically everyone that knows his full abilities) he's all but an eldritch abomination/god and at the very least, they understand they don't really get to match him, they only get to be equal to his weaknesses(I.e Chiaki and Cad hardware).

@2. That's not going to change, they hate his guts. Precisely because of his skill-set. He's more powerful than most of the entire clan, if not all of it. It's simply that he's more powerful, in the wrong way(to them). If he could create but was still as strong, he'd be top of the list and have become head years ago. But well, life's a bitch. He's like someone that sleeps with their eyes open and standing up straight, to them anyway.

@1. If not with her, at best he'd be forced to work for their father, the father that hates him and sees and uses him as a tool. Alongside his step-mother that his him as well. He likes his sister, she likes him, they treat each other well, they have no problems with each other. You have to learn to make sacrifices and compromises, y'know? In poker, he'd be the professional that consistently gets the worst cards in the game but still manages to get by and stay top-dog. If his cards were as good as Miyuki's he'd be less of a likeable protagonist, at least to me anyway.

But yes, I can agree with you on at least 1 thing, in their relationship, Miyuki does get the best of it but well, that's life.
4 - Of course she is allowed to feel, my problem is with her knowing that she's getting all the benefit from the relationship and all she still gets angry at her brother and even attacks him, if someone did all what tatsuya did for you even if you get angry at him for a good reason you won't show it to him.

3 - The people who recognize Tatsuya for his true worth are VERY few, and even fewer who know of his combined talents, I would be more okay with it if all the important characters in the series knew about it but that's not the case, the ones who know him and respect him only appear once every several chapters(if erika, leo, mikihimo, mayumi and all the importants students knew his true worth then maybe i would be okay with this).

2 - I'm not talking about the people who hate him because of his abilities which are actually very few people, most people who discriminate against him only do so because they are ignorants of them and think about it if Hattori for example knew about tatsuya's full worth from the beginning he would"ve worshiped him and tried to be like him instead of hating on him, but now it's too late and his pride doesn't let him do so. Also like 2 or 3 people in his clan truly know of his abilities otherwise they would probably treat him differently(most likely fear him).

1 - There is no way to force Tatsuya to work for his father, honeslty it's not thanks to Miyuki, Tatsuya isn't just some random you can boss around, in fear of him they made Miyuki the next heir, they try to get any opportunity for him to ask the clan a favor and when Maya told him to stop going to school with Miyuki or whatever he told her no and countered her magic. Yes the Yotsuba wouldn't just let him leave the clan completely but there would've probably been some different arrangement than the current one where they don't mess with him and he doesn't mess with them.

And you can't just say it's life, in life you either get unlucky one way or another and things don't go your way but for tatsuya, his true worth and superiority to miyuki couldn't be any more obvious, if all he was just the best CAD enginner in the world, just one of the strongest magicians in the world, just one of the few strategic class magicians in the world maybe it would've made sense but he is all 3 combined not to mention his other good merits so for him not to be rewarded accordingly makes absolutely no sense at all.