Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-18, 09:07   Link #1087
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Incidentally, she didn't say Rion had the summer to get better. She said she had to make sure they won't lose a single match next year, since she'll be the new ace of the team.
You're right. I misremembered the line. The coach said "It's on you to make sure that we don't lose a single match next summer." [CR translation, time stop 19:27]

Quote:
I just realized I have omitted Sumire in my predication/wish-list. Hmm, we haven't seen her play much, so it's hard to tell how good she is. I doubt we could have a Tsukuba vs Sumire final. It would pale in comparison to the Tsutomu vs Kana final anyway. At best she'll reach the semis.
I don't think Sumire will play at all. She didn't play a single game in the tournament, right? I suppose they might let her play for the experience. But I think she's still too green psychologically to be put in that position.

Harping back to the on-going thread discussion about Taichi's commitment to karuta, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this episode the first time Taichi has expressed in interest in the Master tournament for himself? Plus expressing a plan to continue with karuta beyond high school? I think it's safe to say that at this point, Taichi is playing karuta because he likes karuta in and of itself.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote