View Single Post
Old 2014-03-31, 12:59   Link #119
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
To be honest I'm pretty curious about Hashirama as a whole. He seems like a special case to me, but why? Did he work hard? Was he really just a naturally talented kid who had everything going for him without having to work hard?
The whole thing is a bit messed up, as usual in this manga. The author tries to say that Ashura was not gifted, apparently meaning he was not very smart and also didn't inherit the bloodline abilities needed. But the reality is if he could fight on the same level as his brother then he had to have a strong bloodline heritage. The Sage tells Naruto that he didn't inherit any of his father's genius or his mother's advanced bloodline abilities, but despite that we see how Naruto is clearly not like the others. There's always this duality with the characters, Naruto who is apparently very dumb but in the most important fights he outsmarts his enemies, Sasuke who is supposed to be very smart but compared to Itachi's genius he's not that much, etc.
Even if i wouldn't put Hashirama in the Ashura -> Naruto lineage, but according to the above explanation it seems that i have to

Anyway, Ashura being helped by people is probably a very similar thing to Naruto being helped by people, as opposed to Sasuke's loneliness of the genius. Even if in the actual fight these people don't help him because they are too weak or are not there it still makes a huge difference for Naruto. Naruto was always helped by a few people around him: Iruka, Kakashi, Jiraiya, elder frog sages, Minato, Itachi, .... and the list goes on. Have they not helped him he would have died a hundred times already because he was stupid and weak. He makes friends easily and that's a huge help in his life, even if often not directly. There were many complaints that in the finale of this war the allied army was useless and they only caused trouble for Naruto, but actually that's not true, they helped Naruto a lot, even if some of them couldn't do anything else than telling him to not give up. Right now it's the Sage himself who is helping him, not to mention Tobito who is saving his life.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote