Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-10, 02:06   Link #6161
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I haven't actually purchased the M103 yet, and I want to free XP a bit more to unlock the gun before I get slaughtered at Tier 9, so the existing crew will have a little more time to work up.
Yes, this is the best idea for the M103: You really do not want to be caught using the 105mm T5E1 at Tier IX, unless you're a true masochist.

Some people I know swear by the 120mm T122 gun, to the point where some people actually suggest getting the 120mm M58 gun for free (by a given definition of "free") by unlocking and purchasing the T110E5. Personally, just grind up to the M58 gun to truly make the M103 the awesome (if fickle) fighting machine it's meant to be. The M103 actually has a playstyle more akin to a medium tank than the T32: fully upgraded and with 100% crew you can outturn some mediums, allowing you to keep your front armor and gun on them at all times, and despite the 35kph speed cap you're agile enough to flank, which you can combine with your powerful gun for massive damage

Another point to remember: You can get the tracks on the M103 dead last, since you can mount all of the other modules without it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote