View Single Post
Old 2010-03-15, 15:00   Link #6699
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Had he remained a prince, I believe he would've done a coup d'etat. Whether or not he would succeed depended all on his ruthless and calculation. Were he committed, he'd be able to kill a good portion of the royal family before any realization dawned on anyone's mind that he MAY be the one behind the large scale assassination.
Mh, I'm not sure how well that would have worked out.

If it was that easy, half of the royal family would probably already be dead. Lelouch might have been a genius, but with his mother's death, her supporters lost practically all their power. Lelouch would have needed to gain influence purely on his own, and even if he'd been the perfect social butterfly, that would have taken a lot of effort.

Not to mention that to take over, he would have had to kill, hum, almost everyone, actually. Even if Charles hadn't seen through him or decided to just let him be, Schneizel was much closer to the throne, and he's not a man easily fooled except if Lelouch dresses up as Emperor and records videos so fascinating even Schneizel can't help but be taken with them, that is... uh, wait, that didn't come out right.
Also, killing, let's say, Cornelia would have made Euphie extremely unhappy, and if Lelouch had remained in Britannia, I think that'd have bothered him quite a bit. If nothing else, an unhappy Euphie would have meant an unhappy Nunnally, and, yeah, never underestimate the little sister factor.

So in the end, I believe Lelouch would have gone for something zero-like regardless. Making Charles suffer is also a lot easier if you don't have to worry about keeping up appearances in court, and there's less risk of a civil war.
Besides, Clovis would have randomly hugged Lelouch to death sooner or later, so he'd have been in a hurry to get the Hell out of Britannia.

Oh, and I think it'd be important whether Lelouch had been sent to Japan and then returned to Britannia or remained in Britannia from the beginning.