View Single Post
Old 2011-03-08, 20:54   Link #1611
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Ah,there's drama in this thread,roriconfan must be around (and no I'm not hatin',I can't hate on someone that likes Dennou Coil and Panty & Stocking)
And before someone asks,yes,I enjoy replying to roriconfan,let me have my fun.thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
1. Both Mami and Kyoko said that familiars turn to witches and that some witches drop witch eggs. All I saw was Sayaka turning to a witch immediately, contradicting all we were told before. And where do soul gems go if not all witches have one? Where do the soul gems of dead magical girls go? Is their energy still able to be collected by QB? If not, 50% of the total energy is lost right there.

Where to begin,first up it seems you're quite confused.
When completely darkened,the soul gem transforms into a grief seed that hatches and gives birth to a witch,that's what happened to Sayaka.All witches will drop grief seeds,if it doesn't drop a grief seed then it's a familiar not a witch.
Witches don't have soul gems,they have grief seeds,if a magical girl becomes a witch her soul gem becomes her grief seed.
Where do the soul gems of dead magical girls go? Well a magical girl can't die unless her soulgem is destroyed so if the girl is dead then there's no soulgem to worry about.

Quote:
2. QB explained his plan to Madoka, when she didn't even ask for an explaination. That is clearly a very poor exposition of the mystery and even contradics QB's plan to make Madoka a magical girl. He lowered the chances of admiting to become one by explaining everything.
Answering this before the show is over is tricky,because you know since the show isn't over there are all kinds of explenations that are proposed to explain this going from "QB is lying and that's not his real plan" to "QB tells it to madoka because he doesn't see anything wrong with what he'd doing and hoped madoka would understand" and a bunch of other explanations,but we can't know anything for sure until the last episode has aired

Quote:
3. Kyoko blew up along with witch Sayaka when for all we know she could just defeat her and head to fight the big boss along with Homura, thus sparing Madoka from becoming a magical girl herself. She also became from worst enemy to Sayaka's best friend in, like, 10 seconds. Again, completely contradictory.
That's the most valid one you've got,but still,we know that she's been using up a bunch of magic to keep sayaka's body warm,that cumulated with her defending Madoka while she was making her friendship speech could mean she just didn't have much magic left in her,and it looks like she had no grief seeds with her.
In any case she thought she couldn't be of any use to Homura against the big boss,that's one of the last things she told Homura.So her thought process didn't go "I don't care about helping against the boss,screw all this" but "Looks like I won't be of real use against the big boss,Homura is better off without me".

Quote:
4. Hey Madoka, you don't even have a problem if you can wish anything. Wishes are a broken power and a great deus ex machina you know. Wish for all the witches in the world to die. You will never need to fight and the universe is instantly saved. You don't want to do it yourself? Find any other girl to wish it for you. Too cruel? Just wish for your friends to come back to life and everybody is happy again. It is so simple, really.
Did you just say " Wish for all the witches in the world to die. "?Congratulation roriconfan!You just turned Madoka into a witch!See as part of the deal she still has her soul exctracted and now has a soulgem that blackens,so she's going to need grief seeds to purify it and she just got rid of her only source of grief seeds meaning she can't purify her soul gem so it will darken and she'll become a witch,she might choose to kill herself instead by destroying her gem.
That is of course if QB can actually grant you any wish,some say he's lying,we won't know for sure until the end of the show.