Thread: Smile Precure
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 15:21   Link #716
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
The thing I think the Smile haters don't get is it's really REALLY good for the target audience, very colorful, funny and energetic. Much better than moody Heartcatch or faux-fariytale Suite was.

Also it has good characters and good comedy, so it's popular with the otaku fanbase.
... I don't know what other "haters" are saying, but I know for me I just didn't enjoy the series. There is no "get" or "understand"... I didn't like the characters or comedy enough to continue.

I enjoyed Heartcatch and Suite more than I enjoyed this (I didn't see Fresh, 5/Gogo, Splash Star, Max Heart, or the first season), and I didn't even really like Heartcatch all that much. A friend of mine absolutely hated Heartcatch. It all comes down to personal tastes, rather than "hating for the sake of hating" and "not noticing something good when you see it"...

Pretty Cure has a pretty strong following and this series seems to be doing well. So I mean that's great and all, I just know that I'm not one of the many people who like it... I'm saying this only because I haven't seen anybody claiming that the series wasn't good for its target audience, I've only seen people giving their opinions and the amount of praise I've seen has far outweighed the amount of criticism, so I'm even surprised to see somebody address these "haters"... ^^;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote