View Single Post
Old 2006-10-15, 11:33   Link #170
Cruzz
Europeon

Cough, I'd say gg's translator (and editors for that matter) might want to spend a bit of time looking at...quite a few lines.

To pick, say, every line up until the first minute:

皇暦2010年8月10日

gg: 2010 a.t.b, August 10th.

Imperial calendar, August 10th 2010

神聖ブリタニア帝国は日本に宣戦布告した

gg: The New Britannia Empire declared war on Japan

The Holy Britannian Empire declared war on Japan

(minor, but I did say all lines of the first minute so might as well point this out too)

極東で中立を謳う島国と唯一の超大国ブリタニア。両者の間には日本の地下資源を巡る根深い外交上の対立があ った

gg: The neutral islands in the far east and the world's only superpower, Britannia. In between them was the epicenter of the deeply rooted diplomatic conflict created by Japan.

The far eastern island nation advocating neutrality and the Britannia Empire, the world's only superpower; between the two a deep-seated diplomatic antagonism over Japan's underground resources.

Or a bit simplified and with changed word order:

There was a deep diplomatic conflict between the neutral far-eastern island country and the world's only superpower, the Britannian Empire, over Japan's underground resources.

本土決戦においてブリタニア軍は人型自在戦闘装甲機ナイトメア・フレームを実戦で初めて投入。

gg: During the mainland battle, the Britannian army used the Mobile Humanoid Armor Vehicles, Nightmare Flames, in combat for the first time.

During the mainland battle, the Britannian army deployed their Flexible Armored Humanoid Combat Vehicles, the Knightmare frames, into combat for the first time.

(Mostly my issue here is with Nightmare Flame, when Knightmare is shown multiple times in just this episode, and I'd be willing to bet a large amount of money on it being "frame". The other changes are just how I'd put the line down as on my first pass.)

Last edited by Cruzz; 2006-10-15 at 12:14.
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote