View Single Post
Old 2010-02-01, 23:04   Link #1238
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
I don't say anything about reason, I only intended to prove that Kyrie had a keen interest in Maria. That's it. Just don't say she was the most rational, ruthless, anti-witch person, and she didn't care about her anymore.

Outside of her interest in the odd hobbies of a little girl
, yes, Kyrie is the most rational and anti-witch person on the island.

Besides, caring about Maria isn't limited to Kyrie alone; the second most rational and anti-witch person on the island, Battler, also seems to care about her a lot even when she's been a horrible creepy bitch to him the entire game.

You're basically taking tiny bits of unconnected information and trying to weave them into a whole, then ignoring anything that doesn't fit with the theory you've constructed, even when the evidence against it is overwhelming. Hercule Poirot would be appalled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Of course. Maria couldn't have been that person. She is still an important factor for "Beatrice", or in this case, the older sister Beatrice. And yeah, that's how I view it. Older Beatrice is basically the legend of the witch of Rokkenjima.
So you're saying that Maria is a 'component' of Beatrice because she's fueling the Legend of the Witch by playing off of people's superstitions? Well, yeah, that makes perfect sense.