View Single Post
Old 2010-05-20, 21:34   Link #10347
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkin Battler View Post
I just read the first sentence for now and I say NO, Beatrice doesn't wants Battler to hate her xD Beato wants Battler to know the truth, but in EP4 she just couldn't this torture anymore, so she have made so that he would hate her finding the strenght to kill her
She wants him to find the strength to destroy the Illusion of the Witch, which effectively kills the existence of Beatrice. Erika shows this by being a bitch in Episode 5 and killing her off. I can understand why this could be confused with killing the mastermind, who you seem to have pinned as Beato.
But Beato, as the human she is disguised as, has no motive to kill people. All the reasonable motives have been blocked off by Episode 5's red. Beato is one of the 17 on the island. She is undoubtably a female, as Ryuukishi does not support yaoi relationships in his stories. She also is in love with Battler, romantically, eliminating Natsuhi, Eva, Kyrie and Maria, and make Kumasawa incredibly unlikely. The only ones who remain are now Jessica, Shannon and Rosa, though the last one would be a severely disturbing plot twist, so it's safe to remove her.
We remain with Jessica and Shannon as the only possible candidates for Beato. There exists no motive for either Jessica or Shannon to mastermind an island-wide murder. They are not doing it to cause fear, they are not doing it for revenge (hereby eliminating motives such as to "encourage" solving of the Epitaph or so that Battler would remember his sin). They are not doing it for the sake of pleasure, so such motives such as killing to find the gold, as Jessica and Shannon have no need for the gold aside from the pleasure of having ten tonnes of gold.

Once again, I repeat. What we are led to believe is that Beato's goal is accomplished, but after she dies. It's hard for her goal of being killed by Battler to be accomplished after her death, when her death isn't even done by Battler's hands.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote