View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 03:53   Link #29
Write
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't think I have an axe to grind (although I do want people on the forum to generally get along, obviously), but of course I do have pet peeves like every other human being. I don't think my having an opinion has anything to do with being a moderator (though it is influenced by that experience), and I want to believe that people can debate with me about this just like they'd debate with anyone else with an opinion. I want to discuss my perspective so that I can understand how other people think, and other people can understand how I think. That way hopefully we can get a step closer to mutual understanding, which is my ideal.

I suppose some might say that it'd be better for me to not even say anything, but I really do believe in the sharing of opinions, controversial or otherwise. I try to act consistently with those convictions. There are things that frustrate me, but I want to try to understand so that hopefully it can help make the forum better for everyone in some way. It's not helpful for me if I don't understand where people are honestly coming from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
And as a mod, it frustrates me endlessly that people often choose the more destructive option out of what I can either assume is arrogance, ignorance, or indifference.
-Bringing up you're modship while presenting your personal opinion of another user-

Ad Hominems filled your post before this one; maybe things aren't as personal as you may think. Just a thought.
Write is offline   Reply With Quote