View Single Post
Old 2006-07-09, 22:07   Link #891
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Zidane plays with style...hell, I think it rounds him out as a player that he has a temper and not only kicks ass WITH the ball, but WITHOUT. I mean cmon, look at all the ytmnds and little spoofs of that headbutt...6 hit combo...ROFL. And no, Oberon, I don't think there should have been any immunities for all of those other players...but come on, world cup finals and zidane's LAST GAME in the final fifteen minutes of his career...and coupled with the fact that he was trying to draw a foul (otherwise why would he have provoked it to begin with), the refs should have pointed and laughed, or just given Zidane a yellow.

Not to mention that we can use a little more grit in soccer...in other sports, guys getting decked happens more often than not, and in soccer, whoops, it's a foul. I mean come on, in ice hockey, a guy will completely deck another and what happens? Whoops, two minutes in the box...big fricking whoop...two minutes for roughing. And here it's a red card and suspension...

The side refs should have let that one go...fifteen minutes remaining in the career of an all-star to go down in HISTORY and what do they do? OHHH, YEAH, I SAW IT, I SAW IT, RED CARD HIM! Yes, he broke the rules, yes, what he did merited a red card in any other case, no, he STILL should not have received that card. He was provoked, plain and simple, the refs should have called THAT or simply let the guy take a dive. Job or not, I wonder how that official will look back at that decision...that whenever people talk about Zidane, they'll remember that red card, and that little ratty-ass official that put him there...all that one ref had to do was keep his mouth shut and let bigmouth take a dive, and everyone woulda been happy, except bigmouth.