Thread: Licensed Rose of Versailles
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-23, 01:51   Link #8
Rheinhard
Feldmarschall

Send a message via AIM to Rheinhard
Yes, RoV is a definite classic, well worth the time to check out.

From an annoying historical stickler standpoint, I should point out that most of the uniforms, with the epaulets and knee-high boots, are actually much more from the Napoleonic era than pre-Revolution France. But as a lover of cool looking uniforms with epaulets, who cares?

On the topic of "what would I have done if I were writing this show"... since he is my favorite character from american history, I was always a little disappointed that Ben Franklin never showed up in the show. He was our representative to Versailles and was hugely popular in the royal court. With being a scientist, statesman, and something of a womanizer, can't you just imagine some of the story possibilities if old Ben had spent a few episodes hanging out with Oscar and Andre?

To conclude with a standard plug - if you like RoV, with cool looking uniforms, high drama, and grounding in history, you may also wish to check out Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Science fiction as opposed to historical drama, but in my experience people who like one often like the other.

Last edited by Rheinhard; 2003-11-23 at 21:02.
Rheinhard is offline   Reply With Quote