View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 12:53   Link #83
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
NCP, my reply to you is fairly long, so I'm putting it in spoiler space below.

Spoiler for My reply to NCP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Well, after watching ep 11 all I have to say regarding Irisu is "I told you so." But in the same light I think Oreki's older sister is equally manipulative, though in a different way and degree tempered by knowing what things are more important...
So having a lame student movie with a displeasing ending (based on a scenario that the students voted against) is Ok?

Quote:
It is one thing to be "heartless" and put achieving goals and fulfilling responsibilities above all else - truly an "ends justify the means" p.o.v.; it is another thing to be inspired to do this because one feels moved to help someone in trouble (as Irisu did) and then manipulate and wound others.
And you think it's better to be totally heartless?

So you think it's better to be like, say, Kyubey or Lex Luthor than to be like Irisu?

Wow, Flower, I'm genuinely surprised by what you're saying here.

And I also completely disagree with you on it.

It's the truly heartless people that are the most dangerous, because you can't appeal to them emotionally or persuade them to feel empathy or sympathy for the people that they hurt. You can't change them. You'd have an easier time getting through to Irisu than you would getting through to Kyubey or Lex Luthor.