View Single Post
Old 2013-03-17, 01:11   Link #43
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
But here is the major difference, Kiroumaru was honest about it.
He's only honest about it because of circumstances, though. Even Kiroumaru himself admits that.

And whatever you think of Yakomaru, he also is honest when he feels that is the most pragmatic thing to be.

Kiroumaru's admittance here really cuts down on significant differences between him and Yakomaru. Yes, there are still some differences there, but Kiroumaru is no longer as compelling/interesting an antithesis to Yakomaru as what he was before this episode, in my view.

To be fair, Kiroumaru is still a very good character. But I liked the sharp contrast between him and Yakomaru, and this reveal dulls it a bit, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Did you get your account hacked?
Yes, there are times I like idealistic heroes, to be sure.

But I don't think that blends well with the "Murphy's Law" narrative we have here. Everything that could go wrong does go wrong... until Saki throws caution completely to the wind, and puts her heart ahead of everything. That's the vibe I'm getting right now. My suspicion is that Saki is going to "win big" in the finale (well, win as much as is possible given the tragedy that has already occurred, anyway).

To me, it's like you have this mature, balls-to-the-wall story that pulls no punches... and then decides to have an ending that's downright shounen-esque in its "love and friendship conquers all!" vibe. It's a bit too sugary even for me.

I could well be wrong here of course, but I have a strong gut instinct that Saki wins big next episode.