View Single Post
Old 2007-09-14, 17:43   Link #86
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I wouldn't mind at all... but I'm concerned the special effects are going to be so low budget that new viewers might be turned off and never check out the manga. Usually when something is going live-action, its an attempt to create new audience (all those japanese that don't watch anime). We need to see some pre-production concepts or promotional stills to quell those concerns.

I also *look* at the casting and there have been some substantial changes to some of the characters. Kaede is now a small elfin girl for example. Fans of these changed characters (Evangeline, Ku, Mana, etc) are going to be disappointed with that casting.

I don't object to the concept of live-action (though it never really measures up to what you can do with animation without a huge budget). But some things are easier to adapt (e.g. Love*Com, Honey&Clover, etc). I think the story deserves Harry Potter treatment.. but I suspect its going make old Dr. Who episodes look extravagant.

Just because it has the "Negima" label on it doesn't mean its going to be "wonderful" (just like Spiderman 3 tanked at the box office despite being "Spiderman").