View Single Post
Old 2011-07-02, 22:46   Link #3221
Leave The Pieces

@IkuzeMinna

I'll PM you my response to this seeing as it's only the two of us talking about Gundam Wing and realism. Especially cuz my response is quite lengthy.

Quote:
To be more clear about it, while there was nothing in the series to make me believe that Duo and Wu Fei would become bosom buddies, there was also nothing to make me believe otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
That's essentially what this entire debate boils down to for the most part. I disagree with your last sentence but no amount of debate is going to make you feel differently.
THESE. Which is why I didn't want to call it a debate in the first place, just a discussion (I like to think there's a difference). Because both sides (or at least my side) never intended to convince the other, or anyone else, otherwise (I'm not saying that you did). I merely stated what I expected and preferred and that they're not exactly ridiculous as I previously explained. It wasn't the case of 'This is how I wanted it to go down, how come you guys don't feel the same when *quote canon, quote canon, quote canon*.'

Quote:
Wu Fei as a PhD and ex-Preventer, teaching at a university...
Although not exactly what I WANT happening (honestly, I still don't know what I want. All I know is that I know what I don't want when I see it lol.) , if this were the case, I honestly wouldn't be surprised and/or complaining like I did.

One thing, though:

Quote:
And have Duo become a real priest, not a bounty hunting gold digger with bratty kids.
You know, even if Duo Jr. were confirmed to be Duo and Hilde's biological son (which would normally make me confidently say: "Who the heck is he taking after? Duo and Hilde weren't brats!!!"), I'm not surprised that he's bratty at all (despite the fact that I think a character like him is another stereotype ). Why? Because there's the chance that it's Hilde's death is the reason why he's being this way. Especially if she is his bio-mum.

Even if she isn't, she still took him in and it's highly likely he got attached to her.
If it wasn't her death that makes him behave like this, maybe it's because no one really knows where he came from? Wasn't he just found by Hilde somewhere? Lord knows what the place he was from is like. It's also that possibility that it was his past environment that influenced his behaviour.

Also, I believe I came up with these theories because I saw some hints. Or maybe I was just seeing things...? Cuz Father Maxwell does apologise to Po's daughter (I'll call her Po's daughter cuz I'm not that bright, I get confused with all these Katherine's) about Duo Jr.'s manners and explain that the kid lost his 'mother' and he had to raise the boy by himself.

But yeah, fingers crossed it's one of these theories. Otherwise, I'll go back to criticising Sumizawa and his stereotype-writing.
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote