View Single Post
Old 2012-02-24, 06:20   Link #92
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
@LoveMeKags
Daryll wasn't killed. He is beaten up and in lockdown in GHQ HQ.
Before Segai and glasses dude chess match you have daryl lying on bed scene. His cell is right besides the glasses dude.
Ah, I must've missed that part. I guess I thought it was insignificant or someone else. The raw I saw was pretty blurry. I didn't bother to download Zero-Raws version yet. Perhaps I should.

---

As a side note: everything that happened in the episode has been foreshadowed in past episodes. People who take it too harshly are kinda not watching the show all the way through or ignoring details that might help them.

As for random characters: that's common in anime to help the moral theme (albeit the moral theme has been dead for five to ten episodes). In this case, it was intended to remind the character that he is not the only one suffering in the show but innocents like that boy as well. And so, the main character needs to stand up so he can rescue the innocents left behind. It's a moral thing. In any anime that is about war and times of great need, this is also inserted to remind the audience of what they are fighting for. Once you realize that, they don't seem so random or weird, they become a part of the reason the main character struggles.

As for Mana: that was really foreshadowed heavily over the last few episodes. Take Inori's sudden change in character in episode 16 for example. She suddenly changes from the cold person with no emotions really to a playful little girl and then back. Shu has a flashback of Mana at that time but Inori seems to not notice the change. But we kinda had to wonder how Mana was even alive before she was supposedly killed again by Gai? She died from her own powers (and also from the virus). So, to end this note, it is not very shocking that Mana is within Inori because we really have no clues to her past or birth.

As for transformations: is anyone besides me having flashbacks to Mana in earlier episodes, how she blew up the church, how she died, and then she's still alive despite the fact she died, then is killed by Gai, and foreshadowed throughout the episodes after? Like I said above, we know practically nothing about Inori except that Gai states she looks like Mana. So we go with what we have. So far, there were clues and hints that Inori is stronger than the average human (if we take episode 4 into account) and is able to assist the men when needed. She is certainly physically stronger than Arisa. But that leaves you to question how. Before the series' start, her void had never been seen nor drawn, yet she was still able to jump around with such agility, one that only Shu obtained after using Inori's void (in episode 2). Recent episodes have shown that Inori has hidden blades (for she injuries Arisa in episode 16). But also, when her void is not in her chest, she is able to move a bit and speak when she should be unconscious. It is like that is not her whole void. There is more to it. And therefore, we have been slowly foreshadowed of Inori's deeper powers awakening.

BTW, it kinda occurred to me that the ones Shu is apologizing to are the innocent bystanders like that "random character" you mentioned serenade_beta.

Last edited by LoveMeKags; 2012-02-24 at 06:38.